Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Breathe, just breathe

Do you hear that? It's quiet.
And my eardrums say aaaaaah.

This is not to say I wasn't happy to see the house fill up with folks who have not seen each other in 15 years. I was thrilled to be able to host such a reunion. The house (including bathrooms) got cleaned. The fridge got cleaned and then refilled. The guest room got built and furnished in time to be warm and comfortable and slept in.

But I cannot find the words that describe how nice it is to have the house returned to the day-to-day occupants. The Paw Posse wholeheartedly agrees. They are once again purring in unison and gourging themselves on bowls of vittles.

I'm going to go enjoy the lack of reverb of voices not my own and continue reading a very, very good book: Fun Home by Alison Bechdel (the power behind Dykes to Watch Out For). If you feel unfulfilled by this post and need more of something, perhaps one or some of these links will fill the void:

It's recycling and decorating! What a deal. A Mountain Dew holiday tree—with lights and everything.
One more thing to do with your thumb.

Evolution of plasticware you can write on. Move your wares over, Mr. Tupper, the gadgets that can count have arrived. Oh, if I'd only had these before I put the mystery meat stew in the fridge and thus begin it's slide over to the Dark Side.

No comments: