Monday, January 07, 2008

Random

File under:

a) Things I never want to see again: a hot pink velour jogging suit. Those four adjectives never need be lined up again. Unfortunately, you can't erase your retinas.

b) New words in my vocabulary: negify verb to change the sign of a number. -ied -ing ex. we can negify +2 by changing its sign to –, thus obtaining –2.

c) Longest period of measurable time: the time period beginning when you know your new office computer has arrived on campus and the moment it is placed on your desk. I've aged weeks in the past few days.

d) Do I really want to think about this?

The basic facts: Toxo can infect many species, but it undergoes sexual reproduction only in cat digestive tracts. Once the parasite reproduces, the cat passes it in its feces, where the next unwitting host picks it up by digesting it (intentionally or unintentionally). Then the cycle starts again. In the long run, Toxo must find its way back to a cat’s stomach to survive. So the parasite has evolved a complicated system for taking over its hosts’ brains to increase the likelihood that they’ll be eaten by cats.
(c) New York Times Magazine 12/09/2007
I clean four litterboxes every night. I'm going to freak if any of the grrllzz start licking me.



No comments: