Monday, August 04, 2008

Fling is in the air!

Ah, the sweet stench of the political campaign season. There is nothing else like it. For three years and six months out of every four year cycle, I believe most Americans try to be conscientious about not littering and leaving only footprints and packing out what they packed in, etc., etc. And then a campaign for political office starts and you wouldn't believe what people will pound into their lawns.


My current favorite campaign sign is the following:

Dino Rossi
Don't Let Seattle Steal This One!

So positive! So uplifting! It just screams leadership, rationality, decisiveness and forward-thinking. Blech

I offer this link in the spirit of sharing what I found in my efforts to find a picture of one of these signs. Apparently these are not "official" campaign signs and are produced by a special interest group. Big whoopee squat. I hate the ethical slight-of-hand behind these stunts where the candidate professes his discontent while backers sling slop.

 How many more weeks of this nonsense?

No comments: