Saturday, June 30, 2007

iDay +2

Those of you who know me and know of my particular XA chromosomal makeup, aka: the homo apple configuration, may be wondering why my blog has been empty of iPhone posts. As the deadline for release of the latest iGadget came and went, this here space was oddly (?) missing any mention.

In my defense, all I can say is that there is no way I could have posted anything worth saying that hasn't been posted someplace else already. Let me show you what I mean.

TIME/CNN: I Take the iPhone Home
UK/Reuters: Some people can buy iPhone without the 2-year contract
iPhone-iPod.org
everythingipod.com: The revolution has started
iPhonenews.com
CNN/Money: A Tale of Woe
Mercury News: I Got the iPhone (and the Steves (Jobs and Wozniak) joined the party!)
C|Net News.com: Palm expects iPhone effect
Newsday.com: Behind the iPhone Frenzy (I don't know how could they pass up "iPhrenzy")
Forbes.com: Philadelphia Mayor gets iPhone
Reuters/India: Apple iPhone launch draws gadget geeks and hired help

You see my point? What could I, a lowly branch on the Apple tree, possibly add to the conversation? Gizmodo alone has 100+ posts about the iPhone, the people in line, the dude first in line in SoHo who doesn't even know what he is in line for, the accessories, what people are wearing in line, the updating of the Apple Store windows in preparation for the 6 PM launch, the onboxing of iPhones, the dismantling of a sacrificial iPhone (please tell me you bought 2!!!), the synching of iPhones, the typing on iPhones, the stupid talking TV head who flubbed using the iPhone live on the air, and even (drumroll) an iCake!!!



I confess that I did download and construct a paper iPlacebo to get me through until I do buy an iPhone.













It's been fun to watch this carnival from the sidelines. You'll hear plenty from me when I have my very own.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to know that I am not alone on the sideline. Not sure how long we can remain there...hopefully, 'til the next generation iPhone comes along.

Andrea said...

I actually met someone today who had no idea what an iPhone is. Refreshing or worrisome?

I'm looking forward to owning one. I'm even eager. But at least I'll know what I'm in line for when I go to buy one ... no matter what version it is.