Saturday, June 02, 2007

... yet the police were never called

Let's have a party! suggested Rainbow Hemp. Sure thing! we replied. Well after having that conversation for about six months, it finally happened last night. Here are the highlights:

- Both The T and I went to Costmo' on separate shopping trips and shopped from the same list. The T did not have her cell phone on her and did not get my message that said, "I got out of me meeting early! Do not go to Costmo'!" When we both arrived home and unpacked our cars, we had each gotten items in all the same categories but we had no duplicate name brands. For example, I bought the Utz snack mix and The T bought Chex Mix. Of the 12 bottles of wine we bought, we had no doubles.

- The house is clean. If nothing else, this was true for a window of about 75 minutes when we finally put away the vacuum and broom and the first guests arrived.

- Everyone who RSVPed and answered my question about what beverage they would like on hand and said "beer, dark beer" all of a sudden wanted a Corona when the walked in the door. WTF?

- Using the washing machine as the beer chest was the biggest hit of the party. I have not yet opened the lid this morning (afternoon?) to fish out the last few Fat Tire Ales and Black Butte Porters before spinning the ice dregs away.

- Each guest was asked to put on a name tag with their favorite mavie line written on it—or the only movie line they could recall at that moment. My second favorite event related to the movie lines was when someone slapped a sticker on the chest of the college president that said "Nice knockers." My first favorite was when he knew what movie the line was from and began quoting other lines.

- Quote of the party: What happens in the laundry room, stays in the laundry room.

We have a lot of food left, including an unopened 6 lb bag of pretzels. What was I thinking? I wonder if I can donate it to a shelter or something. I am not wondering the same about the unopened 4 lb bag of potato chips. That can stay. We also have boatloads of fruit salad and veggies and cheese and crackers. Let the grazing begin.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

The party was great! I love that you call it Costmo. That shit is hilarious!

"They mostly come out at night...mostly."