Thursday, April 17, 2008

Well, duh

From the department of: Why Didn't I think of This?

So there I am, surfing the net, contently and quietly belching as the evening's salad digests. Tis true, fair reader: I managed to eat a salad while the veggies were still in their pre-compost form. It's a rare event but it happens.

Anyway, I come across this brilliant idea:

found at Neat-O-Rama

Well, duh. My kingdom for a chopstick!! Single portions of massive amounts of meat. All in the same bag.

This is great! It cuts down on the number of plastic bags I'll use in a lifetime, it's quick, efficient, and so damn simple! Ugh. I never would have thought of it. I've been spending my time studying the best way to stack sausages, bags of grated cheese and bagels while maintaining the primo access space for the coffee. Moving on.

Wait, before I go there's one more thing. The woman behind this idea, according to her blogsite is: I'm Biggie: avid cook, speedy lunch packer, mom & former expat fluent in Japanese. I'm tripping over the former expat part. It's almost worse than a double-negative. Does she live in the States now and didn't at one time? Is a former expat now just a pat? Is she even an American? Perhaps she's Canadian. What does one call a maple-leafian who lives away from the tree? An expuck? Oh, ponder, ponder, ponder.

No comments: