Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Meme of Three (or: I'm it!!)

I'm back from my romp in the woods, sans gadgets. It was glorious, thankyouverymuch. Nothing like a few days in a sleeping bag on an air mattress in a two-person tent to make you appreciate the waterbed that much more. Even cleaning the litterboxes is not the chore it was before my week hiatus.

On to the meme. Many thanks to Kfluff for tagging me. This was a fun exercise.

Three People Who Make Me Laugh
1. Lily Tomlin
2. Robin Williams
3. T, my sidekick (and it's a damn shame y'all can't listen in)

Three Things I Can Do
1. Ride a unicycle
2. Fashion a wallet from duct tape or playing cards and non-duct tape
3. Brew beer

Three Things I Can't Do
1. Pass up the opportunity to pay for an item in such a way as to maximize the number of quarters I'll receive as change.
2. Sit quietly while someone else is driving.
3. Bring down the patriarchy.

Three Things I'm Doing Right Now
1. Cat-sitting while drinking coffee and watching SportsCenter and trying to define how long of a time period "right now" defines
2. Wondering if #1 counts as three separate things if they occur simultaneously
3. Drooling in anticipation of the creation, purchase, and use of a full-screen video iPod with a virtual click-wheel

Three Things I Want To Do Before I Die
1. Travel to another hemisphere
2. Get through all those books stacked on, under, and around the bedside table
3. Learn another language besides English, mathematics, and the little bit of html I understand

Three Things I Hate the Most
1. Hearing four words: I can't do math.
2. Cult of the empty celebrity
3. Scent of juniper

Three Things that Scare Me
1. Belief without questioning
2. Fundamentalism's seepage beyond the arena of faith
3. The erosion of civil liberties under the guise of "security"

Three Things I Don't Understand
1. How the discussion of intelligent design/fundamentalism pseudoscience is allowed to continue
2. Economics, be it macro, micro, or my checking account.
3. The "need" to own a SUV

Three Skills I'd Like to Learn
1. crossword puzzle design
2. drawing (cartoons)
3. Vulcan nerve pinch or a martial art

Three Ways to Describe my Personality
1. forthright
2. intense
3. generous

Three Things I Think You Should Listen To
1. Allison Kraus (run, don't walk, run)
2. The Daily Show
3. Tom Lehrer (utterly timeless)

Three Things You Should NEVER Listen To
1. Infomercials
2. Talk radio
3. Leonard Nimoy singing

Three Favorite Foods
1. Popcorn, popped in oil
2. Fried Chicken
3. anything someone else has prepared for me

Three Beverages I Drink Regularly
1. Homebrew
2. Tea (iced, hot, black, green, herbal, whatever-if it's a leaf, I'll steep it)
3. dihydrogen-monoxide

Three Shows I Watched as a Kid
1. The Carol Burnett Show (why-oh why!-is this highpoint of western culture not available on DVD?)
2. The Muppet Show & Sesame Street
3. Looney Tunes cartoons (this continues to today)

Three Blogs I'm Tagging (note: this is the single most difficult threesome on the list)
1. Amelia, over at (Not So) Old and Married, since she's home with Kaos and he's got to sleep sometime, right?
2.
3.

If anyone reading this has a suggestion for a blog to tag, I'm open to it. Add it to the comments.

No comments: