Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Surrounded by chickens

Ever hear of that adage about things happening in 3's? I believe there is some truth to it and I oft-times find myself looking behind me looking for the third thing or event or whatever to round out the triple. This time the triumvirate involves flightless fowl.

I am a huge fan of Savage Chickens, birthed by Doug Savage. I've laughed out loud more than once at the post-it-size insanity ... uh, creativity. This also serves to illustrate that the triplet need not happen in a defined window of time. I think I've been surfing to the Savage site for about a year now.

More recently, the T helped her co-worker build a chicken coop to assist him in his quest to get a little closer to his food source. I suddenly find myself craving an omelet. If you want to follow along in the poultry adventure, check out the Chicken Run link in the left column.

Thirdly, while the little construction project was going on, I acquired the complete and hilarious radio series Chickenman (He's everywhere! He's everywhere!) The fantastic fowl strikes fear into the hearts of criminals with his mighty bawk. He is Midland City's answer to rime that is running crampant. The wonderful white-winged warrior cruises the city in his Chicken Coupe (pronounced coop-eh) protecting civilians from crime and/or evil.

As far as trios go, this one turned out pretty well. I'm off to Midland City.

No comments: